Narraweena Public School

Your family, our community

Telephone02 9971 5778


Our school can help with enrolment queries throughout the year.

Starting school

Your child can start Kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if he/she turns five on or before 31 July in that year. By law, all children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.

Our school accepts all children from within our local zoned intake area (see map below). A non-local application can be made for students not living within the local zoned intake area under special circumstances. Because students start new work in their new class at the beginning of the school year, it would be an advantage for your child both socially and educationally, to start school as soon as possible in the new year.

Local enrolment area

Most schools have designated local enrolment areas. The School Finder shows our local enrolment area. Note: local enrolment areas are subject to change.

Our local intake area is changing. 

·         From the start of 2023, new enrolments can only be accepted from residents living inside the new local intake area

·         Parents can still apply as a non-local enrolment to an out of intake area school and their application will be considered on a case-by-case basis in line with the Department’s enrolment policy

Between August 2020 and Term 4 2022, parents and carers who live at an address impacted by these adjustments, will have the option to either:

·         Enrol their children in the school they are currently designated to

·         Enrol their children in the school they will be designated to in 2023


From 2023, students can continue to enrol in the current school intake area school if they have a sibling in that school. This is regardless of whether the school is at enrolment capacity.

How to enrol 

Contact us when you’re ready to enrol your child in our school. You may need to attend an interview with the principal. There you can discuss any medical conditions or other special circumstances before your child starts school. We may also complete a risk assessment on the enrolment.

For more information, visit primary school enrolment.

The application form must be completed in English. However, a translated application to enrol may help you to fill out the form in English.

Out-of-area enrolments

As outlined in the department’s enrolment policy, our school may accept enrolments from outside our local enrolment area if places are available.

We will assess applications for non-local enrolment on a case-by-case basis.

Temporary visas and international students

For information about eligibility and forms to complete, visit the Temporary Residents Program.

Distance education

Distance education is an equity program for students who are geographically isolated or whose individual circumstances prevent them from regularly attending school. Students must meet one of the conditions in the Distance Education Enrolment Procedures to be eligible to access this program as a full-time student.

For more information about educational opportunities in rural areas, visit Rural and distance education.

Local zoned intake area / drawing area

Our school accepts all children from within our local zoned intake area. A non-local application can be made for students not living within the local zoned intake area under special circumstances. This map is a guide. Please contact the school if you are near the border.